Supporting you all the way
Weston Park Cancer Charity’s services are up and running ensuring that we are here to support you — together at every step.
If you or someone you know needs help and support, the charity’s Helpline – 0114 553 3330 – is open, Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm. Or, you can drop in to Weston Park Cancer Support on Northumberland Road.
By calling or dropping in, you can speak to a healthcare professional if you or someone you care about is affected by cancer.
You can also:
- Find out about practical help, such as transport concerns or travel costs associated with treatment
- Talk to a welfare advisor about any immediate financial worries, including with paying bills or any benefits you may be entitled to
- Legal advice and access to independent living support, thanks to the charity’s partnership with Age UK Sheffield
- Talk to a professional about your eligibility for an emergency hardship grant
- Discuss any emotional support which may help you. The charity offers one-to-one and group mindfulness sessions, as well as advice and support for your mental health and wellbeing
- Find out more about the charity’s complementary therapies, which are available for anyone living with or beyond cancer, or caring for someone who is
- A listening ear, simply if you would like someone to talk to about your cancer diagnosis – away from immediate family or friends
Weston Park Cancer Charity also provides support to staff at Weston Park Cancer Centre, to community groups, frontline NHS staff or any key workers who are supporting people living with or beyond cancer.
The charity’s small grants could make a real difference for you, your work, or the people you support. For more information about how to apply for a grant of up to £1,500, email email@example.com, call 0114 553 3330 or visit https://www.westonpark.org.uk/apply-for-funding.